Saturday, December 25, 2010

Story Time with GIB

Dear Diary,

----


"Dude. You will never guess what happened today."


----


You will never guess what happened today.

I finally found the guy I was meant to be with.


----

"Yeah, bro? What?"

"I finally found the girl I'm supposed to marry"

"Oh really?"

----

Yes, really.

After all this time, I saw him at the coffee shop. It's so odd. I pass it everyday and I finally decided to stop in.

----

"Yeah in that little coffee place off of 11th street, you know? I always go by it going to work, but I've never given it a chance till today when I was in a hurry and couldn't detour to my usual place"

----

He was in front of me in line. Nothing really significant happened.

----

"Huh. How about that."

"Yeah, she stood behind me in line. Scared the living crap out of me"

----

All I did was ask for a dime.

He jumped about ten feet into the air.

----

"Wow. Nice one, Mr. Smooth"

"Well, I was kinda staring off into space when she tapped me on the shoulder and asked me for ten cents."

"She asked for money? Wow, doesn't that say something for the future?"

"It was only a few cents, its perfectly innocent"

----

I know he was probably really really annoyed by my asking for his money, but this was definitely an emergency. I had no money left to pay the tax.

----

"Anyway, she asked me for money, all uncaring and insignificant like its not big deal. But I saw her and... I don't know, man, something in my mind just went click"

----

And when he turned around, I swear my heart stopped. Of course, it was all innocent and nonchalant for him, but for me...

It was like the biggest moment of my life.

----

"That's cheesey."

"It's true. So I gave her a quarter. It wasn't that big of a deal, I know. But it was something... It was extra. I was hoping she would take it as a sign or something. She probably didn't though"

"*blank stare* You're turning gay."

"Whatever. This was an important moment in my life."

----

And he gave me an extra 15 cents than I needed! Sure, it was only because he didn't have any spare dimes just laying around. Sure, it was just a quarter.

But that quarter was the spark of a flame.

----

"I turned back around but I could feel her there behind me, ya know?"

"No.."

"Well, I could. "

----

He turned back around but I wanted to talk to him again. To memorize his eye color, his hair cut, his clothes, his facial structure. Everything. I needed him to be mine.

----

"And I remember everything. She was pale, but very pretty. Kind of like a real classic beauty. Smooth skin, a few freckles, and the darkest hair you ever saw. And her eyes? Man, I didn't even know they made eyes that green. This blue sweater she wore looked like the softest thing ever. I bet she smelled amazing"

----

I could smell his detergent even through the thick cloud of caffeinated air. It was wonderful.

He had crazy reddish blond hair, and it stuck up all over, and he had a slight stubble. He kind of looked like he rolled out of bed, but it was a good look for him.

God, and his eyes?
Hazel. And stunning. they had this weird blue green stripe right around the pupil. So... I don't even know.

----

"You're nuts."

"I'm in love."

"Dude. You don't even know her."

"Yeah... but oh well"

"And she doesn't know you."

"...yeah..."

----

I know I don't know him. And he doesn't know me. But something was there. I think I'm in love.

----

"But you know what's too bad?"

"What?"

----

But you know what really bites?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They probably don't even remember me

No comments:

Post a Comment