Monday, December 20, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a BLUE Christmas!


It's that time once again!
Yes, the cramming has ended (for some at least), Finals have been bared through with smiles and sharp pencils, and school has finally ended for a sweet, blissful two weeks.

OR

Three if you are me and going on a beautiful cruise to the Bahamas starting the first and coming back to ickiness on the ninth.

Anyway, that is why I haven't been present the last few days. I've been studying my BUTT off! And even THEN I merely passed with a C in French! Sacre Bleu!

But now that finals are over we can now focus on the
beautiful, tremendously joyful time of year. Haul out your ornaments, get sick on cookies (like I almost did today, courtesy of my Aunt's magnificent White Chocolate Oreo Balls), and watch terrible movies about how Santa Claus is somehow replaced resulting in hilarious results. These are like the B movies of Christmas I swear.

This also means bearing your family, and then you actually usually wind up having piles of fun that are as expansive and high as the snow bordering the iced over sidewalks.

Driving down the street at 5:30 PM is now longer, ahem, enlightening (yay puns regarding how early the sun sets). No, but it is simply enchanting. Instead of driving down a dull street with houses all built the same and paint chipping off of their outdated windows, I know drive down a street where I can look through the trees and see those little twinklets of crystalline shine.


My town was graced with a heatwave today. That's right. A whole ONE DEGREE!

Back to the point.
While Christmas wouldn't be the same without these things, OF COURSE we all know what the true meaning of Christmas is.

Christmas is the celebration of Christ. In this day we remember the birth of our savior through acts that took place 2010 years ago. We receive gifts as Jesus did. We sing songs like the angels did unto the shepherds. We gather with our family and celebrate our love, just like Mary and Joseph.

Now, I will admit, I'm not the first to open their eyes and pray each morning, before each meal, whilst walking to classes, etc, etc. But I will openly say that Christmas simply wasn't something made up overnight; there is perfect reason for Christmas. To celebrate CHRIST.

So, if you can't be home for Christmas, at least make sure you keep in mind what Christmas is really about, and make sure you call up those who are most important to you and tell them so.



See you under the Mistletoe
Kisses from
Girl In Blue.
lessthanthree this Holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment