Saturday, December 4, 2010

My latest Obsession.



Now I don't know if you noticed, but if you look at the pictures above, you will notice that two out of three of them may be traced back to one thing, one person, one single idea.


Care to take a guess?

Haven't gotten it.


Owl City.
I love it so much. This will be a
looong blog, but I am going to list what I like about Owl City in an organized fashion.

1. Just look at him. Isn't he unbelievably dreamy??

2. He's very down-to-earth. Go read his blog. He talks about troubles we all have. He is a bit of a nerd too! I found that while reading his blogs and tweets I would actually forget he was an accomplished musician. Until I saw a picture he posted of his kitchen and living room. I'm not sure who designed it, but it looks like it may be professionally designed. Along with contemporary and high-tech kitchen appliances, he's also got a huge grand piano parked right in his living room. And my first thought was "He can afford that?" My next was "Oh, yeah... He's kind of famous"

3. His music and voice are simply enchanting. If you are one of those who has only heard the songs Fireflies or Vanilla Twilight, go listen to some of his earlier material. I recommend Fuzzy Blue Lights, Sunburn, and (ok, this isn't early work. But it IS fantastic) Umbrella Beach. Actually, I recommend it all.

4. His lyrics are raw and speak of experience and pain, but yet he has a song about going to the dentist. I kid you not. "When Hygienists leave on long vacations thats when dentists scream and lose their patients/patience(I'm not exactly sure which he refers to in this line)" And each song has a whole theme built around it. Let me explain
Vanilla Twilight- Being away/missing someone and being up all night thinking about them
Peppermint Winter- Christmas from a child's perspective.
Umbrella Beach- A song of departing home and setting out to find something bigger.
The Bird and the Worm- In my opinion, it's kinda that first, shy love. It is also about partying with sea creatures.

Get the gist? It's all different. It's a broad spectrum of beautiful music

4. He really knows how to be normal. He doesn't take advantage of his rising fame, but he does enjoy the perks. He loves his fans and his crowds and interacts with them often.

5. He very relatable. Yeah, I know it isn't a word, but it should be. He is very shy and nervous when it comes to girls, he comes from a small town in the mid-west, and reached the top all on his own.

There's so much I can write about Owl City. But words escape me.

I turn to his music to lift me up. He has a song and lyrics for everything. Sadness, joy.... going bald. I can put on his music and hear colors and see sights and it is beautiful. He is one of the things that has helped shaped my perspective of things and helped me see my troubles more clearly.

So, Adam Young, If you ever see that you get your hands on this bloggy thing here,

Thank you for everything.


Until next time, my lovelies.
Girl In Blue.
lessthanthree

No comments:

Post a Comment