Friday, March 11, 2011

Time

Everything revolves around time.

Time or lack there of can influence feelings, change perspectives, heal the broken, scar the perfect, and make or break relationships.

Most of all, Time, when passed, brings with it nostalgia.

Nostalgia is that bittersweet feeling you get when you're looking at old pictures. It's like when you remember something and you try to capture what it felt like when you were there. You can only grab it for a second and then it's gone.

When I was a little girl, all I can remember thinking whenever I saw someone in High School was "I can't wait to be like them. I want to be tall, and have a boyfriend, and say things without people laughing at me." I wish I could tell Little Me that High School me looks at kids in kindergarten and thinks "I want to be like them. I want to be small, and have Daddy be the only guy that matters again, and do immature things without people laughing at me"

Sometimes things happen in the past that are sad. And you get over them. But then, when you least expect it, they show up again. And you find that, yes, you were over it, but you are right back where you started.

Sometimes your present gets mixed up with the past, and you can't decide which to chose. The present treats you well, and has no history of hurting or leaving you. You don't have a history with the present. That is why it is now. But you remember the memories of the past. How happy you were, and how if the present was different, you would give anything to take back the past. But the past hurts. The past made it so you couldn't trust the present or the future. The past broke you and you picked up the pieces and walked away. And now the past has come back. And what do you do?

Time has a really funny way of messing with our feelings. Sometimes it feels like Christmas was just yesterday, and then you wake up and it's 70 degrees out. Four months has passed, and where did it go? Did you spend it wisely? Or did you waste it away? It's March. Soon it will be July. And then October will come again.

Time moves too quickly and too slowly to keep up with. It arranges things and moves things so everything is where it shouldn't. So things happen that have no business happening and everything is unorganized. Time tests us by sneaking up on us and making us do things we never wanted or expected to do. If I could've been told where I'd be in a year a year ago, I would laugh and say "Yeah right, that will never happen."

Prepare yourself for the unexpected. And when I say this, truly keep it in mind. Because time will catch up with you and throw you a curve ball and you won't have enough power to knock it out.

Goodnight and Good luck.
GirlInBlue
lessthanthree

No comments:

Post a Comment