Thursday, March 17, 2011

Right when I gave up my past, a new future appeared.





Hey you. You know who you are. Because this is our blog. Just for us. This is me reliving the memories as I do frequently. Back when life was perfection.

Our story, through my eyes.




Remember this?

This is where we met. We played ENDLESS games of a
ir hockey (which I lost, sometimes, but were fun anyway). And we snuggled on those red velvet couches. I was your good luck charm when you played FIFA against your sister. And you always wo
n. You always fell out of the chairs because you leaned in them
but the bottom are round. The first night we met we sat for hours just talking and talking endlessly.

I would also repeatedly randomly run into those little purple tables. They hurt.



How about this?

This court was where we became friends the first night. We were going to play dodgeball, but it started raining, so we started sliding around on the court and sliding into the nets. We figured out we lived near each other here. I had noticed you variably throughout the night and thought you were really cool. I had no idea how much of an impact that night would have on me...


Up on that balcony on the right there? We left the place I showed you earlier the second night and hung out there all night and talked a lot. I started to admit to myself that I actually liked you, but didn't take it seriously. Because I needed to be realistic. What are the odds a fling on vacation would turn into more? I started flirting. Thought you were flirting back. When we went back, when the elevator stopped on your floor, you hesitated. I looked up "So... see ya later" "yeah, see ya" When you hesitated... I wondered if it was unrealistic for you to kiss me goodnight. And I figured it was. Later I asked you "Did you want to kiss me" You said that first night that while we were hanging out on the balcony that, yes you did realize you wanted to. And when you hesitated in the elevator, you were going to, but then couldn't.

And then the next night, when you could.

We were walking around and teasing each other, and you were teasing me about how I was weak and we "fought" about how I couldn't push you over.
You-You can't push me over
Me- Yeah, watch
You-*obviously fake* Ow. Now I'm mad.
Me- Aww, I'm sorry *kisses hand and places on head* All better?
You-No
Me-I'm sorry.
You- Sorry is words
Me-Well what do you want?
You-hmmm.... think of something
Me-(joking) ice cream (which is free and limitless on the ship)
You-Ha, no.I don't need ice cream.
Me- I dont have anything else.
You- You do. Think about it. Ramble something off.

I started to kind of get the gist of it, but didnt want to assume anything or get my hopes up or something. Plus if i said "a kiss" and I was wrong, how embarrassing would that be?

Me-(still joking)Now you're starting to make me mad.
You-Why?
Me-Cuz you wont tell me.
You-...
Me- I might know, but I'm probably wrong.
You- Well let's hear.
Me-No.
You- Why.
Me- Because it makes me nervous....
You- Is that why you're twisting your shirt?
Me- .....yeah.
You- come on
Me- No
You- Give me a hint
Me- Is it an action?
You- Yes.
Me- Oh... (now I'm pretty sure i know that it is a kiss.)
You- Well if you aren't going to tell me, how about I guess.
Me-Ok. *slight silence.*
You- Wow every ounce of confidence I had just left.
Me- I don't care

Long silence.

And then this next part I remember exactly. You know some memories seem like they just happened? I can still see the exact light, the way you said it, your face, the wind, the smell, the ocean, the slight rock of the ship... everything. It's uncanny. Your words were the only thing I could hear. The only thing in my ears when you said it.

"You want me to kiss you"

A statement. Not a question.

I turned away from you because I was blushing like crazy and smiling super hard.

"Well??"
Me- One blink means yes, two means no."
You-that isnt fair
Me - I know.

I was laying on the chair with my head dangling off the edge. You come over and sit and my head is in your lap and you're staring at my eyes. And I stare up grinning teasingly without blinking.

You- "You aren't answering"
Me- I already did. You must've missed it.
You- Wow. Now I'm mad again (Of course you were kidding. We just tease each other a lot)

I blinked once.

You- "Is that a yes?"
Me- "I don't know, is it?"

You- Your eyes are hazel.
Me- No, they're brown.
You- Noooo hazel.
Me- I know the color of my own eyes.

Time passes.

Then you look down at me, put your fingers gingerly under my chin, tilt my face toward you a bit, and then lean down. And you kissed me.

I still remember how it felt. Exactly what your eyes looked like. I thought I knew fireworks. I didn't know what "fireworks" were until then. You know how in the books they talk about how it's electric? The books are right. It's just like that. Perfection.

The really funny part was how everyone knew before we did. Before we were a thing, people would ask me, "Hey, where's you'r boyfriend?" to which I would respond "He isn't my boyfriend and I don't know. I'm not his keeper." "He should be (my boyfriend), though. You guys have eeevvvveeerrryyything in common. You like him, don't you?" "..Nahh" "He likes you" "Probably not" "I can tell" "Whatever. We're just friends"

I could fill up endless blogs of memories, but they wouldn't be as special, because they would be so open for everyone, instead of tucked securely in my mind, where I can visit them when needed. They will remain my own and your's, nobody elses. So for now I leave it at this.

I swear that same night I met you, was walking around on my own just staring out into the ocean and I had an epiphany. "Just leave the past behind. What happens will happen. Don't sit around waiting for life to happen, because it's already happening. I'm leaving everything behind me. I'm on vacation. And it's going to be the best week ever."

What an understatement.

You'r star misses you.
GirlInBlue.
LessThanThree


No comments:

Post a Comment