Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Two worst and most familiar emotions in the world

I can't help but feel this aching loneliness tonight because maybe I'm not worth talking to. Maybe I really do need to go to bed like he says.

But these sobs are so familiar. Probably one of the earliest things I remember.

They are the exact ones I cried into my father's chest when he rocked me, hushing me while my mom walked out the door to go to work. The ones I cried when I had a bad dream or when I wanted my parents back together during their separation. Right now they just hurt and come in rolling waves that cease to persist though I don't really have any particular reason to hurt or feel lonely. I just ache for someone to hold me again, I guess. I just need someone here for me, even if they don't say anything.

All I want is someone to hold me and tell me it's okay, sometimes.

Nostalgia and Lonliness have a funny way of working together.

Sleep Better than I will tonight, loves
Girlinblue

No comments:

Post a Comment