Sunday, February 27, 2011

Feels Like Forever.

I can't think of a post to write, so I'm going to give you a song I wrote for a certain somebody.

100 miles doesn't seem so bad
It's better than a thousand more.
But the distance tends to make me sad
Its been that way since we hit the shore

Take me back into the sea
rock me slowly into sleep
Tonight I'll wait under the stars
And know you can't be too far
But the truth is we could be forever apart.

(Chorus)
When you're away
It feels like forever
Every moment is a mile
without you near
I remember when you when you
held me close to you
I can still detect
Your heartbeat in my ear.
We can lay under the sky
There is no reason, don't ask why.
Let's leave the snow, no one has to know
Because the ocean sings our love song tonight.

We can always drive or fly
I'd even walk there in the rain
I will bid the world a fond goodbye
And we can walk away from all the pain.

Take my hand and count to three (1,2,3)
Soon enough we will be free
Watch for me under the moon
And know that I'll see you soon
But the truth is without you here
It's just an empty room...

(chorus)

And when our hands are intertwined
Once again, you will be mine.
I'll keep you near, and whisper in your ear
"A thousand miles is worth the wait"
As I shed happy tears.

Feel the wind and taste the air
Night-time waves and salty hair
The sea and sky look beautiful tonight
But next to you nothing can compare.

(chorus)

Let's leave this town
It's just us two now.

And the ocean that sings our love song.
Tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment